Do you have a Parkersburg WV house that’s in foreclosure right now? Many people going through the WV foreclosure process want to get out from under it and they aren’t sure if they can sell it or not. The short answer: yes. The long answer: it’s a little more complicated, but usually you can sell your property prior to foreclosure. The one thing you can be sure about is; the sooner you start, the better.
Can I Sell My House in Foreclosure in Parkersburg WV? – How it works
There are a lot of folks in Parkersburg who have faced foreclosure in the past year or two. Due to troubles such as; a changing economy, missed work due to Covid-19, and a whole list of other situations. Don’t panic if this is you, there’s still a lot we can do.
Remember, the bank that carries your mortgage doesn’t want to see your home abandoned or auctioned. The banks make money by charging interest on money you pay back, not taking your property. The bank stands to make the most amount of money by helping you to avoid foreclosure on your Parkersburg WV house by selling your property or catching up payments. If you have any experience with banks though, you know they can be a huge problem to deal with. Everything they do is covered in red tape and they have strict processes they are forced to follow. Over many years of working with banks to help stop the foreclosure process, we’ve learned a few tricks that will help you.
Working With Banks During The Parkersburg WV Foreclosure Process
- Always over-communicate with the bank: you don’t have to be annoying, but let the bank know what you’re doing. This will give you more leeway and time to fix the problem, especially if they are a local bank.
- Don’t miss deadlines. Don’t be late on anything else at this point. Show that you are taking steps to fix the problem. If you absolutely can’t help but be late, let the bank know immediately.
- Remember that bankers are people too. No banker wants to hear a sob story but explaining your situation can only help. Make sure you don’t just talk about your life and your problems, but demonstrate willingness to work with them to fix the problem. Prove that you will be willing to work your tail off to help them make their money back.
- Start keeping careful records of every conversation you have with the bank. Nothing counts unless it is in writing. Make sure to keep track of each person you speak with, what they said, and any promises made.
- Explore all your options, including short sale, loan modifications, and bankruptcy. Depending on the details of your personal situation, you may be able to dramatically slow down the foreclosure process with enough effort. Each bank has its own policies to help borrowers avoid foreclosure.
- Don’t wait. Unfortunately, time is not on your side. The further behind you become on payments, the fewer options are available to you.
We specialize in helping homeowners in situations including foreclosure around Parkersburg and the whole state of WV get out of difficult situations and avoid foreclosure. In certain circumstances, we can negotiate directly with the bank to reduce the amount you owe and (sometimes) even help you walk away from your property with cash.
If you need to sell a property near Parkersburg, we can help you.
We buy properties like yours from people who need to sell fast.