If you live in Parkersburg, chances are you’ve seen some billboards advertising companies that buy houses, Facebook Ads of firms that buy houses, or you’ve seen it on the back of trucks. Theres a few different companies in the area that buy houses for cash and we’ve networked with most of them
Often times they say things like “We Buy Parkersburg Houses!” or “Cash For Your House”.
Are These “We Buy Houses in Parkersburg Companies” Credible?
How can you know if the company you’re talking to is credible or not?
At the start, most of them are going to look similar, but well walk you through some things to be aware of. Like any industry, theres some good ones and some bad ones and you need to be informed enough to make the right decision.
Buying and selling houses is a valid and respectable profession that can help communities and house sellers in many ways. But just like any other line of work – a minority of house buyers in any market are the ones who make the rest of us look bad.
Almost all of the companies we know are made up of ethical people who will do what they say and will help you out if you’ve got a house you’re wanting to sell fast; unfortunately there are some shady, dishonest people who prioritize making money over everything and would stab you in the back at the first opportunity if they can make enough money off of it.
Yes, they are out there. In fact there was a guy in Parkersburg, WV, my hometown, who went by a fake name, was tricking people into “buying” houses he didn’t own, buying houses on land contract then skipping payments, and lying to everyone in the community. Thankfully he’s in jail now.
We’ll help you avoid these “shady house buyers” so you can work with honest, ethical, and reputable local companies who can buy your house for a fair all cash offer and close on your schedule.
But let’s not focus on the negative – at least not yet.
First, let’s cover exactly what the best house-flippers are doing.
What Reputable Parkersburg House Buyers Are Doing
- Helping folks improve their lives by accessing the money they needright away. Sometimes people need access to money right away for medical expenses, so they can move closer to a relative, or any list of other reasons. A good house buyer can do that and get you the cash you need within a week or two.
- Helping sellers unload hassle properties quick. They let people selling their homes sell quick without listing with a realtor, weeks of showings, repairs, or any of the other headaches that come with selling.
- Stimulate the Economy with local jobs. We hire attorneys, contractors, electricians, plumbers, handymen, and anyone else we need to help us do the job right. A good house buying company will have a strong team of people that they employ. Our investments help create real jobs for people around Parkersburg WV.
- Buying US products. We spend tons of money on materials that are made right here in the USA – that creates jobs in our timber mills, factories, supply shops, distribution centers and more. The US economy depends on steady improvement, and that requires investment from folks like us.
- Increasing the value of Parkersburg neighborhoods. When we improve a house, we’re helping to increase the value of the entire community. Credible house buyers in Parkersburg, WV are improving properties at every step of the process or finding the right person who will care for the property. Most of the houses we get our abandoned and in rough shape. We not only fix them up and beautify them, but we ensure they stay that way for years to come. That only improves our community in Parkersburg.
- Increasing the tax base. When a new buyer takes over one of our properties, they’ll pay a higher tax rate based on the new and improved value. Those taxes go to pay for our schools, fire, police, libraries, streets and other valuable pieces of infrastructure. Again, improving our neighborhoods.
Pretty cool stuff, right?
Most of what we do is taking the needs of sellers and figuring out how we can connect them with the right person to help them. When we buy a house or make an offer on it we already have someone in mind who will accomplish everything the seller wants.
So let’s get back to how you can use this information to find out if someone is a credible investor, and not just pulling a house buying scam.
How To Ensure You’re Working With A Reputable Parkersburg, WV Buyer
1. Make Sure They Use an Attorney
A house buyer should be using an attorney of some sort. It’s best if they use a reputable, local attorney, but theres no reason they shouldn’t be using an attorney to close. The attorney will protect not only the home buyer but you as well in the process. They will ensure you get your money on time, the sale is recorded property at the courthouse, and that all liens on the house are paid off properly. Do not sell to someone who doesn’t use an attorney unless you’re very experienced in the real estate market or very comfortable with taking risk.
2. Know What Questions to Ask
- How do you help your clients?
- What do you do for people?
- Can you tell me more about your services?
- What aspect of your business makes you the proudest?
- How would you describe your investment philosophy?
- How can I know that you’ll close on my house when you say you will?
When you’re asking questions, make sure you understand the process. A credible Parkersburg, WV buyer will be transparent and keep you informed of the process. If you don’t understand something be sure to ask, and if the whole situation feels wrong, trust your gut.
3. Look for the Signs of some Shady Buyers
- “Kitchen table closings” – If a property buyer tries to get you to sign the deed (ownership) of your house over to them at your house, rather than a professional place like a closing attorney or title company… be leery. Most credible home buyers will use a 3rd party to close. Request this if they aren’t wanting to use one and see how they act about this request.
- Pressuring you into a fast closing – If they are trying to force you into an immediate decision be leery. It is very reasonable if they want an answer within a few days, but they should give you time to talk it over with trusted friends and family. When we make an offer on a property our offer will stand for only a few days and heres why. The market is constantly changing and we buy multiple houses a month. So need to make sure the investment still makes sense for us and make sure we have the cash available to close. When we make an offer we make sure the money is available for your house. If you feel the offer isn’t a fit for you, then we’ll assign those funds to help another seller with their home sale.
Most scammers are looking for a quick score, and not an in-depth interview.
Chances are good that they’ll find excuses to get off the phone and move on to someone who doesn’t ask too many questions.
True investors who run honest and ethical Parkersburg house buying services, however, are building long-term businesses based on relationships and community development.
So when you’re looking at one of the “we buy houses in Parkersburg companies“… never be afraid to ask questions!